The year has started quite slowly for me.. Or has it? I’m again a full time student. That really slices quite a lot of hours of my day. At least I try to find time for my Android app Calculus. Some other projects are also in my mind.
Last summer I started coding a “space game” (I called it Androrace), but I lost my interest in it. Video below:
A try to code an update for Calculus as soon as possible.. Hopefully we’ll see some games too!
I’ve been on fever for several days now, when I’m writing this. Nevertheless, now Calculus is at version 3.2.0 beta. Finally saving to Pictures folder work properly — also in later (>=6) Android versions.
One new feature is also possibility to make y limits equal to x limits With this button one can get results like this:
The video below is recorder directly from my phones screen:
Let’s see if I manage to implement some new features to Calculus in near future.
I’d like to tell, why and what kind of bugs there were in my Android game Easy Math Challenge in its early versions.
The smallest bug was that there was “difficulty level 0”. If the user tapped somewhere else than the difficulty level buttons, the game gave “puzzles” like “3 = 3”. Well, those “puzzles” were always correct. This was fixed later.
The more annoying bug was, that in early versions the puzzles sometimes might be impossible.
The reason for that was, that I’ve used numbers also for the operations of puzzles. If for example + (plus) was 45, while calculating the result, the result got wrong so that 45 was part of the calculation numbers, not an operation. This was fixed later.
Video of the version 1.7.2 (no known bugs):
I wrote the program from scratch without any planning and often the usual mistake of mine: Work was done too at too late of hours.
I published recently initial version 1.0 of a calculusprogram called Calculus to Android. I have plans to publish PC version too, when the program is developed further.
The program differentiates and integrates user given polynomial and simplifies all the fractions. The coefficients can be 4 digits long. I haven’t given a limit to amount of terms in the polynomial, the available memory is the only limit.
The coefficients can be fractional too — and of course negative or positive. Next version will be out soon, which will improve some features of the program and add some features too. I’m not aware of any actual bugs in the program at the moment.
See below a demonstration video of the program (in the video Calculus is compiled to PC and used with the mouse):
Calculus is free educational program.
Notice that when integrating the polynomial, Calculus doesn’t give the integral constant.
I’m living in the past too much, such speaking. This reminds me what Yoda said to Luke Skywalker in episode V: ”Always he has looked into the horizon, never where he was, what he was doing!”. Or something like that.
I started 2015 an Android game project, I haven’t touched for a long time. Much have changed since I started that project. The pro version of Monkey X saw many updated versions with mojo2-module while I was using old mojo-module in my project.
Later I updated the code for mojo2, but how fast the time flies: Monkey X has gone completely open source and I don’t even know when that happened… Today I installed latest open source version of Monkey X from Blitz Research.
But since I seem to live in the past, I’m going to find time to finish my Android game with old Monkey X (with mojo2).
What’s well.. ”special” in this game is, that all the musics will be composed by me. Though, I haven’t been making so called tracker music ”seriously” (if ever) for a long time… Though, for testing this game project I will be working again, I already have made four short tracker music compositions last year – and one short piece of music made with PC’s ProTrekkr.
Though, to pity for the potential players of this game, I probably must compose new tunes… 🙂
It’s night when I’m writing this. I came up with a little Monkey X tutorial on how to program the bouncing of the ball, when it touches the bat in the “old school way” — like in the popular C64 game Krakout in the 80s.
In the video for the tutorial you can see, that as the ball touches the bat for the first time, delta y doesn’t change. This is because both the ball and the bat are uneven as height in pixels; now both the ball and the bat have a middle point.
This is just a short piece of code, that doesn’t handle the case, when the ball is at the horizontal top or bottom of the bat. There’s some extra work for anyone who wants to make an 80s style Krakout game. 🙂
The delta y for the ball is calculated simply how the ball’s y-position is related to the middle point to the bat. The “scale” variable is used to adjust the max y-speed of the ball.
Source code below:
' Load graphics
' The if-sentence prevents the bat to appear at bottom of the screen at the start..
' Keep the bat in the borders of the screen
' Move the ball
' Keep the ball in the borders of the screen
' Calculate the deltaY value for the ball in the "old school way"...
Many years ago I started to program Krakout style game in the spirit of the good old Commodore 64, but as usual, something went wrong. Three months work with multiple levels and a level editor programmed in Blitz3D were lost because I hadn’t taken backups of the files, when I, well, “fixed” the Windows installation I had at the time…