Version: 1.06 (from 7.10.2018 OV signed)
Programming languages: BlitzMax + C
The program generates the Mandelbrot set and the Julia set.
- Both fractals can be zoomed in with mouse
- Shows the complex plane coordinates
- 3 built-in palettes
- Max custom picture size 4096 x 4096 pixels
- Max iterations 1024
- Custom pictures can be saved as jpeg or png
- Palette editor
Notice that if you try the C values for the Julia set mentioned in the manual of the program, the coordinates must be reset to default values.
Password to download: fractals
New in version 1.06:
- No installer: Unzip the program anywhere you want
- Saving the custom picture made more intuitive
Video of version 1.04’s palette editing:
In the color requester the texts are localized. On my system they’re in Finnish.
…and demonstration video of version 1.04:
There’s still plenty of room for improvement in Fractals.
If you ran into problems when installing the program, you might want to read this blog post.