Programming languages: BlitzMax + C
The program generates the Mandelbrot set and the Julia set.
- Both fractals can be zoomed in with mouse
- Shows the complex plane coordinates
- 3 built-in palettes
- Max custom picture size 4096 x 4096 pixels
- Max iterations 1024
- Custom pictures can be saved as jpeg or png
- Palette editor
Notice that if you try the C values for the Julia set mentioned in the manual of the program, the coordinates must be reset to default values.
Password to download: fractals
New in version 1.04:
- The calculations are done from C code
- The actual selection rectangle related to picture ratio is shown also
- Famous C values for the Julia set can be selected
- Little internal improvement
New video of version 1.04’s palette editing:
In the color requester the texts are localized. On my system they’re in Finnish.
…and demonstration video of version 1.04:
I have plans for new improved version.
You may also read my article “Shortly about fractals” from my blog Beyond Sunset. At the end of the article you can search for 300+ Kindle ebooks on fractals on Amazon. You may also be interested in reading my article on “Sacred Geometry, Consciousness and Fractals“. I have also an article on generating the Mandelbrot set at Beyond Sunset. Example code is in BlitzMax.
If you’re interesting in programming other fractals, my personal blog has also an article on generating the Cantor’s set. Example code is in Java.